Wednesday, July 9, 2008

City of Angels IV

A little more on the teen sensation that's sweeping the, er, Renaissance hotel corridors. I swear, it feels like I'm in a series of outtakes from Fame... each time I come out of an elevator there are girls spinning and whirling and busting out their moves. It's making me feel like an old man.

In the elevator tonight was a couple of girls, HUGE amount of make up and hair done to within an inch of it's life. Standing opposite, two french girls, about the same age looking... well, looking very french. Very demure. They stood and stared at the two dance girls like they were aliens from another planet. One turned to the other and said, 'some kind of sports outfit?'. The other said, 'dance, I think'. And then they carried on eating their M&M's.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, here is a video promo of the event.

It's all reminding me of when I stayed in a hotel in Stockholm during a hairdressing convention. See my profile picture for details on how much I know about hair...

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Nothing sets off a promo video like cheezy 80's graphics and "welcome to Jump, the *alternative* convention"…

Come on buddy, you know you want to compete ;-)