Monday, July 21, 2008

Hawai'i Time

This one is going to be wholly too difficult to explain but I'm going to give it a shot. I spent the weekend on the island of Oahu. Technically I was there for 62 hrs. I arrived at 10pm Thursday night and I was gone by noon on Sunday. I worked all day Friday and spent Saturday having a look around the island and on both days I noticed something - time goes by very slowly in Hawai'i. Each passing hour seemed to feel like two. I stopped for lunch on Saturday because I felt like I'd been up for hours. I felt like I'd been driving for a while, it felt like I'd been on the go and it should have been lunchtime. I ordered a fabulous burrito at this place called Killer Taco's and it was delicious. Once I'd done I decided to head off and I checked my watch. It was only just after 11.

I drove around the island, almost twice and got back to the hotel and it was still only 4:30 in the afternoon. I still had time to go down to the beach and swim in the warm water...

I wonder if the speed limits have the effect of just slowing everything down? Who knows but I kind of liked it...

No comments: